HRMC Foundation awards $4,500 in healthcare interest scholarships
The Huron Regional Medical Center (HRMC) Foundation announces the recipients of 13 healthcare interest scholarships totaling $4,500, according to Shawn Martin, Executive Director.
“Our goal in offering these interest scholarships is to encourage students in the area who may have an interest in health care to begin their studies, even if they are unsure of their future plans,” Martin said. . “These scholarships can help a student try out a health care major without the pressure of a commitment to return to the community to work.”
HRMC Foundation Healthcare Interest Scholarship Recipients:
• Harley Nelson – who is studying as a physical therapy assistant at Lake Area Technical College.
• Brooke Doering – who is enrolled in the radiology technologist program at Mitchell Technical College.
• Morgan Harrison – studying to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Mitchell Technical College.
• Hayley Geyer – studying biology at South Dakota State University
• Max Kranzler – studying biology at South Dakota State University.
• Morgan Curd – who is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from South Dakota State University.
• Jazzlyn McGirr – studying exercise science at South Dakota State University.
• Jett McGirr – studying exercise science at South Dakota State University.
• Piper Jones – pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at South Dakota State University.
• Ashley Curnow – pursuing a degree in dietetics at the University of Northern Colorado.
• Elle Hoops – studying biology/pre-medicine at the University of South Dakota.
• Noah Johnson – studying biology/pre-medicine at South Dakota State University.
• Rheya Wilk – studying biology/pre-medicine at the University of South Dakota
“The HRMC Foundation’s Healthy Huron Scholarship Program provides financial support to help ensure the Huron region continues to have a dedicated, quality healthcare workforce,” Martin explained. “We sincerely appreciate our dedicated donors who make this scholarship program possible.”
In addition to these health care interest scholarships, the board also awarded eight commitment scholarships, which were announced in May, to area students who have committed to community service after the graduation. The third category of scholarships awarded are the Helping Hands scholarships which were awarded to 19 HRMC employees or their family members. These recipients will be announced later.
The HRMC Foundation is committed to a healthy Huron and ensuring that high quality health care is always available close to home, for you, your family and your friends. More information about the Foundation is available online at www.hrmcfoundation.org.